Monday, February 16, 2009

A Little Bit of Texas



I loved my video!

My sister, Alyssa, made me a video of family and friends from home saying encouraging things to me about my trip. She hid it in my bag so I would find it when I arrived in England. Well, I ended up finding it at the airport but saved it until I needed a pick-me-up. I watched it last night, and it was awesome!!

Ryan: I felt like a little kid watching PBS and getting ready for story time with your "Oh, hello there..." intro.

Mrs. Duffie: I loved your excitement and the fact that I could hear Bella in the background. Is she still as spoiled as ever? :)

Tracy: I appreciate you sending a stand in since you couldn't make an appearance, and I will for sure scope out stuff for the Olympics. Should I go ahead and start waiting in line for tickets while I'm here?

Ann: You crack me up. I love how you had Alyssa tape you again with a written out letter because you couldn't get through the first time. Your sweet spirit is what I miss about you!

Mrs. Huggins: I felt like I was in your 2nd grade class learning a scripture verse with everyone. I love your creativity with holding up the sign, and I love that verse. Did you get that sign in Granbury?

Mallory: You're absolutely right...we may go 3 months without catching up but then when we do...we haven't skipped a beat. I love that. Thanks for your prayers and wisdom. I looked up Psalm 25 and you didn't "butcher" it too badly ;)

Mr. and Mrs. Nance: You are the best neighbors ever! Thank you for your prayers and for the memories.

Stefanie and Jimmy: I loved your practical and not so practical advice Stefanie...and Jimmy, way to not say anything, ha!

Lindsey and Grant: I will try and find a Big Ben statue for you and great job despite your last minute notice of being put on camera.

Lori and Byron: I appreciate your encouraging words and thoughts on this trip. I had so much fun with y'all at Christmas and am up for some more ping-pong when I get back if you're game.

Austin: I was shocked at how serious you were and even commented to Danielle about it...but then you made "the face" which made me laugh.

Justin: You are precious, and Danielle and I decided you're very euro with your hairstyle and should move here.

Mom and Dad: You guys have been so supportive of me going since I started thinking about it a year ago. Thank you for your encouraging words and advice. I can't wait for you to get here Mom!

Alyssa and Michael: Or should I say Capri and Cookie? Haha, I loved that they were on the video. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. I laughed through the whole thing and am about to watch it again!

Thanks to all of you for being part of the video. I'm so blessed to have you in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janelle,

What a wonderful gift your family and friends provided. There is nothing that warms the heart better than smiles and encouraging words from home. And the best part of all is you can play it over and over and over and your heart will smile just as big and feel just as warm as the first time you watched it.

It was good doing the webcam talk with you and Danielle Wednesday. I am so grateful D gave that to me for Christmas! I love seeing your smiling faces.

Betty