Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's really happening...



I'm moving to Sheffield, England in 18 days!

That means in less than three weeks from now I'll be boarding a plane that will set down in London and then take off again without me. For five months I will be living in the UK while working (please pray I find a job) and serving in a local church.

I'm so excited for this opportunity, and I want to share more about how God orchestrated this adventure. In the next few posts I will be doing a lot of backtracking since I didn't have a blog when some things took place and also becasue I simply didn't blog when the rest of it happened. For some reason the thought of having to sit down, gather my thoughts, and then write about them doesn't appeal to me, but I'm making a committment right here and right now to improve on this. Blogging will be my main source for updating friends and family on my weekly happenings in Europe, so I want to keep it updated. ( Plus I don't want anyone to forget about me while I'm away!)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

well good, i'm glad your resolving to write in your blog consistently...because i want to hear about all of the adventures in England!

Chris Edwards said...

Congrats Janelle! Thanks for the email update. May your time in England be blessed!

Danielle said...

GET EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's happening. according to my countdown:
14 days
6 hours
54 minute
3 seconds

YIPEE! it's gonna be awesome. i can't wait.

Tig said...

Hey Janelle, I am going to miss you so much! I'm glad that the Lord has been opening up all these doors for you - I wrote yesterday, but don't know where my comment went :( La La Land :) Was good seeing you last night - maybe one last chance before you leave?
Love you!

Unknown said...

Dear Janelle,

I am so proud of you and extremely excited about what God is doing in your life. Your mom and I have a peace about seeing our daughter cross the great Atlantic ocean to live and share with those in England. HOW EXCITING!!! Know that we pray for you daily for God's direction and protection. Austin and I had a great time moving your stuff yesterday. I enjoyed sitting on the tailgate of the truck listening to you share about your upcoming trip. Janelle, know that God has great things in store for you and Danielle. Bless you both! love dad.

Three Little Monkeys said...

We will check in regularly to see how things are going! Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year beginning in England!

Mark, Kelly, Emmy, Caleb and Katie (she'll be waiting to meet you guys when you get back!)